K(Abstract)FileItemActionPlugin

Frank Reininghaus frank78ac at googlemail.com
Thu Jun 20 11:39:00 BST 2013

Hi Sebastian,

2013/6/20 Sebastian Kügler:
> Hi Frank,
>
> On Thursday, June 20, 2013 10:51:58 Frank Reininghaus wrote:
>> Moreover, I will from now on:
>>
>> (a) Close all "Dolphin freezes/crashes/formats my hard drive when
>> right-clicking a file" bug reports immediately, unless the bug
>> descrition states that the issue persists when all plugins are
>> disabled, and
>
> Just closing such a bugreport will leave the reporter puzzled and dismayed.

Sorry if I wasn't clear enough. I never close a bug report without
providing a detailed explanation.

> Why not just ask to reproduce with plugins disabled, then enable plugin for
> plugin, and reassign the bug accordingly?

I've tried that often enough. Most bug reporters never respond.
Therefore, I think it's better to close the report and ask the
reporter to reopen if he/she can provide useful information.

>> (b) If anything as bad as the Activities issue ever happens again, and
>> the plugin developer refuses to respond to bug reports for more than
>> one or two weeks, I will prevent that this plugin is loaded in
>> Dolphin, and I won't care if anyone says that I shouldn't do it
>> because it's an ugly workaround.
>
> Let's assume we can do better, and not spew threats around on mailing lists.
> That's not going to help, and most likely, any new case will be different
> enough to warrant at least some communication around it.

IMHO, reassignig bug reports and asking for the developer's feedback
*is* communication. But if you think that this isn't enough, I can
also send a message to a suitable mailing list (if the plugin has one)
if I think that the situation is so bad that something must be done
urgently.

Regards,
Frank