Techbase: schedules for playground and extragear

David Edmundson david at davidedmundson.co.uk
Wed Jun 5 13:10:22 BST 2013

On Tue, Jun 4, 2013 at 10:50 PM, Albert Astals Cid <aacid at kde.org> wrote:

> El Dimarts, 4 de juny de 2013, a les 23:35:17, Sven Brauch va escriure:
> > > If there are no objections, I'd remove the two pages mentioned above
> > > by the end of the week. What do you think?
> >
> > I think I found those pages recently too, and I'm all for deleting
> > them. They will get out of date again, even if someone would update
> > them now.
> >
> > Cheers!
>
> The idea is to have a centralized point of information for all the
> software,
> of course if maintainers ignore the page it won't work. I'd rather have
> people
> care about the page than delete it, but as making people care is hard,
> sure go
> ahead and kill it.

It's quite hard to care about something you've never heard of.

I'm one of the maintainers of a project in that wiki page, and I do not
recall anyone telling me to update this.
There is not a single link on techbase to that page (
http://techbase.kde.org/Special:WhatLinksHere/Schedules/Extragear).

The only reference I can find from Google is an email in 2008 to the
kde-extra-gear mailing list.
I think we have a pretty good reason to have been "ignoring" it.

David

Cheers,