Disable by default KRandR in 4.11

Àlex Fiestas afiestas at kde.org
Mon Jul 8 14:10:06 BST 2013

On Thursday 04 July 2013 21:39:03 Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> I agree we are too late.
>
> If KScreen is so much better, i'd make sure packagers know about it and they
> can install KScreen and not KRandR if they want, even provide
> replaces/conflicts rules.
>
> But since we are 5 days away from "Release Candidate" day, don't think
> removing (or disabling) something from kde-workspace is a good idea.
>
> Cheers,
>   Albert
>
> > Cheers !
Have you taken into account that kde-workspace will be frozen starting in 4.11
so this is our only chance of removing deprecated/not supported/not working
well software?

If you have, and you still haven't changed your mind, I will do the following
if everybody is ok with it:

-Add a README in KRandR folder warning that the software is known to be not
working well, and that they should use kscreen
-Add a warning in the release notes, somewhere.
-Send an email to kde-packagers
-Anything more?

Cheers and thanks for the feedback !