KDEREVIEW: share like connect and plasmate

Pino Toscano pino at kde.org
Thu Jan 3 16:37:21 GMT 2013

Alle giovedì 3 gennaio 2013, Giorgos Tsiapaliokas ha scritto:
> On 3 January 2013 01:51, Pino Toscano <pino at kde.org> wrote:
> > - PasswordAsker sounds like could be implemented on top of
> > KPasswordDialog
>
> we have asked in #kde-devel and we have been informed that
> kdialogpassword isn't a safe replacement for pinetry, so this isn't
> an issue.

You still are not getting the issue, at all.
What I'm referring to is the PasswordAsker class in
plasmate/publisher/signingwidget.cpp, derived from QDialog and
GpgME::PassphraseProvider, which is being created (line 192) and set as
passphrase provider (line 194). The cases (and so the solutions) are
two:
a) that passphrase provider is used: then you fix PasswordAsker to be
   based on KPasswordDialog
b) that passphrase provider is not used at all: then you just drop the
   code

> QXmlStreamWriter::writeNamespace could be a guess.
>

> plasmate is using QXmlStreamWriter::writeDefaultNamespace, so which
> is the issue?

The issue is that you are not writing "a default namespace", but hacking
to write also other attributes for the root element; this is basically
similar of doing something like:
  writer.writeAttribute("foo", "bar\" foo2=\"bar2\"")
which is wrong, since you're bypassing the way the various XML data is
composed together to build a document.

> > > this is the only documented solution in
> > > techbase<http://techbase.kde.org/Development/Architecture/KDE4/XM
> > > LGUI _Technology>, so I don't see any reason
> > > to avoid it and its also the recommended one.
> >
> > That's point #3, while point #2 is similar to what I suggested.
>
> again, what's the point of doing this?

Use a simplier way (get the action from the actionCollection(), and
setVisible(false) it) instead of an hackish way to manipulate the XMLGUI
document, which could break less easily.

> some comments in this review aren't productive and this makes the
> whole process harder..

<rant>
Right, it would have been easier if you would had started *reading* and
trying to *understand* all my comments from day #1, instead of dismiss
half of them and underestimate the other half.
</rant>

> P.S.: I have just opened some reviews regarding the issues.

Can you please provide links to them?

--
Pino Toscano