Login for bug reporting

Martin Sandsmark martin.sandsmark at kde.org
Thu Feb 7 10:53:20 GMT 2013

On Thu, Feb 07, 2013 at 11:15:48AM +0100, Kevin Krammer wrote:
> The only thing I remember from the initial introduction was that they get so
> many crash reports that they can't look at them individually but need to
> perform statistical analysis first.

Well, AFAIK they use breakpad, which means they need to store the debug
symbols on their server, and people only upload the minimal stack traces with
addresses. This makes it much easier to analyze (statistically and otherwise)
and find duplicates, but it's not something we can do. If anything, it would
have to be done at a distro level.

--
Martin Sandsmark