Login for bug reporting

Teemu Rytilahti tpr at iki.fi
Thu Feb 7 01:12:35 GMT 2013

Hi again,

Frank Reininghaus wrote:

> considering that we get lots of duplicates for any reproducible bug, my
> impression is actually not that there are to many obstacles in the bug
> reporting process. Providing any kind of "contact me via email/Facebook"
> channel will only make it worse. I'm already spending a lot of time
> marking reports as duplicate/invalid or telling people that reporting bugs
> for KDE 4.8 or earlier is not quite as useful as they think. Please do not
> make it worse by lowering the bug reporting barriers.

Just wanted to add also, that in case the version stuff is a problem,
entering the bugs can be limited of course. I think the big thing with 4.8
crashes might be that they're already fixed and there's a solution available
(upgrade), in which case that information could be delivered directly to the
user (though when collecting all the crashes to a separate crash reporting
system, it'll give nice stats how common the crash is) without even adding
that information to the bug-tracker.

--
Best Regards,
Teemu Rytilahti