Login for bug reporting

Martin Sandsmark martin.sandsmark at kde.org
Thu Feb 7 09:11:21 GMT 2013

On Wed, Feb 06, 2013 at 10:20:07PM +0100, Frank Reininghaus wrote:
> considering that we get lots of duplicates for any reproducible bug, my
> impression is actually not that there are to many obstacles in the bug
> reporting process. Providing any kind of "contact me via email/Facebook"
> channel will only make it worse. I'm already spending a lot of time marking
> reports as duplicate/invalid or telling people that reporting bugs for KDE
> 4.8 or earlier is not quite as useful as they think. Please do not make it
> worse by lowering the bug reporting barriers.

Wouldn't this be solved if backtraces weren't entered as bugs, but into a
separate system as Nicolás talks about?

That system would hopefully also be able to group together backtraces for the
same crashes, and thereby also automatically discarding backtraces marked as
"fixed" (especially if we get version information together with the
backtrace).

--
Martin Sandsmark