kwalletmanager ui refactor

Valentin Rusu kde at rusu.info
Tue Feb 5 20:34:04 GMT 2013

On Tuesday 05 February 2013 10:49:55 Aurélien Gâteau wrote:

> > 2. The disconnect button should be kept, in my opinnion. Here is a screen
> > capture with the disconnect menu for my main wallet:
> > http://imgur.com/JG6rr8b
> >
> > And here is another one showing the capture for another test wallet:
> > http://imgur.com/UsKIfwH
> >
> > The menu entries are obtained from kwalletd which keeps track of it's
> > clients.
> >
> > 4. Autorized applications tab - well I think that's not a bad idea to get
> > it from kwallet settings here. This would be simply about managing access
> > rights, isn't it :-)
>
> I assumed the "Disconnect" button listed applications authorized to access
> the wallet. The "Authorized applications" tab was thus another way to show
> its content. But it seems I got it wrong. What does the "Disconnect" button
> really list?

kwalletd keeps track of the applications that open wallets. It's dbus
interface provide a command to selectively disconnect an application from it.
kwalletmanager obtains the list of the applications connected to the current
wallet and build from it the popup menu under the "disconnect" button.

> > Finally, here is my slightly adjusted sketch version:
> > http://www.rusu.info/kwalletmanager/
>
> As you said, this looks closely like my second version :)

Nice!

--
Valentin Rusu (vrusu)
IRC: valir