Nepomuk in 4.13 and beyond

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Mon Dec 16 18:48:03 GMT 2013

On Monday 16 December 2013 09:15:22 Etric Celine wrote:
> Am 15.12.2013 12:02 schrieb "Vishesh Handa" <me at vhanda.in>:
> > The TagRelation was a proof of concept of global tagging which I
> > would
> like to
>
> > remove. We're going to be discussing this on Monday after the Plasma
>
> Hangout.
>

> I do not like the idea to remove the tag relation stuff. How else
> could we "group" together different files/entities?

Grouping different tagged things together does not require a single
central storage for all relations between tags and things. As Vishesh
mentioned tags related to emails are best stored together with the
emails because, at least in case of IMAP, this will make those tags
automatically available everywhere. Similar for files if the tags are
stored in the file metadata.

For grouping everything together that is tagged with a specific tag you
need a nice API. How the tagged things are retrieved by this API should
be irrelevant to you as user of the API.

Regards,
Ingo