What is the git workflow for kdelibs ?

David Jarvie djarvie at kde.org
Tue Oct 30 11:23:31 GMT 2012

On Tue, October 30, 2012 11:16 am, David Faure wrote:
> On Sunday 28 October 2012 09:16:56 Alexander Neundorf wrote:
>> Ok, thanks.
>> Is this documented somewhere ?
>
> No (I described it in an email some time ago, but it's not on any wiki)
> If you have an idea for where we could document it, I will then push other
> module maintainers to also write up the git workflow they want to see,
> since I
> myself have the same question in other modules.
>
> I think community.kde.org would be the right place (it's internal, it
> doesn't
> affect KDE app devels outside of git.kde.org), but all I can see about git
> is
> http://community.kde.org/Sysadmin/GitKdeOrgManual
> which is more about the technical setup.
>
> Maybe start a new webpage at the toplevel of community.kde.org?
> GitWorkflowForEachModule? :-)

Wouldn't techbase be more appropriate? It's technical information, plus
techbase is where other policies are kept.

I must say that the split between community.kde.org and techbase.kde.org
isn't very satisfactory because the boundaries are blurred, and it's easy
to miss information if it's in the other one from what you expect it to be
in.

--
David Jarvie.
KDE developer.