Review Request: include KolorManager in kdegraphics

Daniel Nicoletti dantti85-kde at yahoo.com.br
Wed Mar 14 23:59:29 GMT 2012

> So you are saying your original argument is not valid anymore?
Where is the Oyranos CUPS patch? All I see is a planning since as
far as I can tell he didn't decide the best way to do it, OTOH we have
something that already works for a bunch of people.

> I said I wanted the most versatile, which means one that satisfies my needs
> *and* somebody else's needs. You are completey ignoring the fact that there
> are people using oyranos too, it has been developed for years, do you think
> it's fair to drop all that work now? I am in favor of adding support to both
> colord and oyranos in kdegraphics. One way of doing that is adding support
> to colord to kolor-manager, which talks has already started.
Tell me, who is using besides Cine Paint?
I never said a word on dropping Oyranos development, but I do believe from
a technological point of view it hasn't succeed in all these years. We now
have telepathy. Who will be willing to keep kopete which has far more years
than even Oyranos in favor of a nicer user experience? Or even dolphin why
stop using konqueror file management when a file driven experience has come
in place?

> And no, I have not tested either of them and how computer color management
> is supposed to work for a daltonian (like me)? Even if I had tested by what
> everybody already said here, nobody is an expert in color managament to
> judge the merits of either project, so let's add support to both. As I wrote
> before, as long as the project has a community to maintain it, I do not see
> why not use it.
Surely even daltonians would like to see on their computers colors more
close to reality, I don't see why this have to be different if you are daltonian or not.
I don't believe anyone needs to be a color expert to tell which is best, we
are developers we know development if you need to maintain a piece of software
what matters is your development skills. I can't maintain a complex piece
of software few people understand.

Best.