Review Request: include KolorManager in kdegraphics

Lamarque V. Souza lamarque at kde.org
Wed Mar 14 23:31:30 GMT 2012

Em Wednesday 14 March 2012, Daniel Nicoletti escreveu:
> >As long as you patch cups and all other applications to use. Oyranos is
> >also a central place
> >
> > to do color management as far as I know, this argument is valid for both.
>
> It is valid once it's written, once there is a line of code doing it's job.
> Or we can just play politics. You say you want the best one, have you
> tried them both?

	So you are saying your original argument is not valid anymore?

	I said I wanted the most versatile, which means one that satisfies my
needs *and* somebody else's needs. You are completey ignoring the fact that
there are people using oyranos too, it has been developed for years, do you
think it's fair to drop all that work now? I am in favor of adding support to
both colord and oyranos in kdegraphics. One way of doing that is adding
support to colord to kolor-manager, which talks has already started.

	And no, I have not tested either of them and how computer color
management is supposed to work for a daltonian (like me)? Even if I had tested
by what everybody already said here, nobody is an expert in color managament
to judge the merits of either project, so let's add support to both. As I
wrote before, as long as the project has a community to maintain it, I do not
see why not use it.

--
Lamarque V. Souza
KDE's Network Management maintainer