Review Request: include KolorManager in kdegraphics

Matthias Klumpp matthias at tenstral.net
Wed Mar 14 16:09:10 GMT 2012

2012/3/14 Lamarque V. Souza <lamarque at kde.org>:
> Em Wednesday 14 March 2012, Sune Vuorela escreveu:
>
>> On 2012-03-14, Boudewijn Rempt <boud at valdyas.org> wrote:
>> > It's easy enough to package -- the opensuse packages I use work
>> > perfectly
>> > fine, so I cannot imagine that there are any real and relevant problems
>> > for other distributions.
>> Sure it can be done. but it is just useless churn if it doesn't really
>> provide anything that matters to the end user that colord doesn't.

> You are talking as if colord is the default standard and well used in KDE
> and then out of a suden comes oyranoes trying to replace it. Colord is not
> wide used in KDE and since oyranos includes a wider feature set I guess it
> is more usefull for a wider range of users. As said in other e-mails colord
> is required in Gnome3, so why not add oyranos to kdegraphics since other KDE
> software already work with it?
Colord is also integrated with many other parts of the stack. And that
Oryanos includes a wider feature-set doesn't necessarily mean it's the
better choice. Which other KDE software works with Oryanos already?

And btw. colord is a XDG project, not a GNOME project. Yes, it was
started by a GNOME developer, but this doesn't make it a GNOME
project. It is developed independent from GNOME.

Regards,
   Matthias