Default file manager and folder associations

Dawit A adawit at kde.org
Mon Jun 18 16:44:23 BST 2012

I doubt changing the text would make much more difference. People will
simply read what they want to read and ignore everything else just as in
warning/message dialog boxes! After all the current option itself says
"Remember application associations for this file type" not for this
specific file or folder! To me the only sane solution it to make that
option completely unavailable for folders. There is already a way to change
that association through the Default Applications system settings.
Otherwise, such bug reports will continue to be opened in the future. There
were already several others that were opened on this prior to the ones
mentioned in this thread.