KDE SC 4.8.4 important problems

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Wed Jun 13 07:42:32 BST 2012

Hi,

On Wed, Jun 13, 2012 at 12:33 AM, Sune Vuorela <nospam at vuorela.dk> wrote:

> On 2012-06-12, Sebastian TrĂ¼g <trueg at kde.org> wrote:
> > I do not have much time. But the real problem is that I am not sure
> > where to look. It has to do with my own implementation of unix socket
> > communication. Someone with experience in that area might want to review
> > the *Socket* classes in soprano/client...
>
> This might be a stupid question, but isn't soprano 2.6 using
> QLocalSocket ?

On non-*nix systems thats true and also some other parts if I understood
the commit message correctly. No idea though why he had to re-invent his
own Socket class for local unix sockets, the commit just vaguely mentions
threads or so.

Andreas

PS: Personally I think kdelibs dependency on a newer soprano shouldn't have
happened at all - in particular not one that hasn't even seen a release yet
or can be considered stable.