KDE SC 4.8.4 important problems

Sune Vuorela nospam at vuorela.dk
Tue Jun 12 23:33:17 BST 2012

On 2012-06-12, Sebastian TrĂ¼g <trueg at kde.org> wrote:
> I do not have much time. But the real problem is that I am not sure
> where to look. It has to do with my own implementation of unix socket
> communication. Someone with experience in that area might want to review
> the *Socket* classes in soprano/client...

This might be a stupid question, but isn't soprano 2.6 using
QLocalSocket ?

I was btw trying to track down what is going on. I'm still unsure why it
is crashing, but a launch of e.g. gwenview is deleting & recreating
GlobalModelContainer::localSocketModel and related bits 6 times. in
newer kdelibs (when init(true) is called) and I'm not sure if references
to the old localSocketmodel can still be around.

I agre with Jose Santamaria Lema that something in that commit looks a
bit fishy.

/Sune