playground/games/picmi moved to KDE Review

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Sun Jul 22 18:10:56 BST 2012

El Divendres, 20 de juliol de 2012, a les 11:53:28, Jakob Gruber va escriure:
> Hi all,
>

> I'd like to announce the move of Picmi to KDE Review [1] with the
> intended destination being kdegames.
>
> Picmi is a nonogram logic game [2] I've been working on for around two
> years. It includes both a random mode (with low completion times as the
> goal) and 51 preset puzzles which turn into a pictogram when solved.
>

> Please have a look at both the game itself and the code. Let me know
> about any issues and I will do my best to resolve them. Picmi can be
> built with 'git clone git://anongit.kde.org/picmi && cd picmi && make &&
> build/src/picmi'.
> Building with KDE trunk will require the patch from
> http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-games-devel&m=134201653803914&w=2.
>
> I've already sent my intentions about moving Picmi to kdegames to the
> kde-games-devel list [3] and the module coordinator Matt Williams.
>

> Going through the requirements of the application lifecycle:
>
> * You should have checked for basic problems with a profiler.
> * There should be user documentation in docbook format.
> * Your application should be completely translatable.
>
> Check.
>
> * There should be no krazy code checker issues reported.
>
> There were a couple of reported issues (I can't check at the moment
> because the old playground is gone and kdereview is not up yet). The
> check should pop up at [4] in a bit.
>
> A couple of them were related to the HAVE_KGDIFFICULTY macro which
> provides compatibility between the old KGameDifficulty and KgDifficulty.
> These can be removed when Picmi is based on trunk.
>
> Many of the others also seemed like false positives (i.e. complaining
> about "c" "string concatenation"). Please have a look at let me know if
> any of them need to be fixed.
>
> * If possible, there should have been a basic usability review of your
> application.
>
> There has been no review so far.

My comments:
 * You think you could give it a somehow bigger initial size? It starts very
small the first time
 * Do you have a bigger res icon? Otherwise looks quite bad in my alt+tab
switcher
 * Can you disable the "..." in the settings dialog and only enable it when
set to custom backgroud image?
 * Maybe it makes sense that undo and load position are disabled if there is
nothing to undo or no position to load?
 * Changing the solved streak color does nothing until i restart the game

Cheers,
  Albert