Using userbase for manuals

Eike Hein hein at kde.org
Sun Jul 1 12:59:43 BST 2012

On 07/01/2012 01:35 PM, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> I just got that :-). I'm very happy with it, but Eike is right that it probably wouldn't scale, being a poller. It's really something that needs to be fixed in the wiki system, so we can get a mail for every change to a manual done in the wiki. I'm just to dependent on getting all my updates in kmail...

I initialy tried to make it not a poller, hoping that MediaWiki would
be able to send me emails on changes, and then report generator would
be a little daemon drinking from an IMAP inbox. However, ultimately it
turned out to be impossible to get the right sort of emails from
MediaWiki (namely one for every new page or page change under a cer-
tain prefix), so I had to resort to polling via the API.

--
Best regards,
Eike Hein