Using userbase for manuals

Alexander Dymo alex at alexdymo.com
Sun Jul 1 12:37:44 BST 2012

2012/7/1 Eike Hein <hein at kde.org>:
> Ultimately Albert isn't wrong with his concern, but the reality
> seems to be that we just can't get our act together on the
> offline documentation while maintaining the wiki comes a lot
> easier to us. And it's better to have wiki documentation than
> no good documentation, IMHO.

I 100% agree with Eike. Albert is right, but in reality there're two
things we need to consider
1) documentation maintainability
    development teams consistently fail to maintain documentation, so
quality and completeness get hurt
2) user involvement
    for KDevelop the best documentation is usually written by users,
userbase wikis are a better way to involve users than docbooks