Using userbase for manuals

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Sun Jul 1 08:21:08 BST 2012

El Diumenge, 1 de juliol de 2012, a les 08:02:28, Boudewijn Rempt va escriure:
> I'm actually not sure kde-core-devel is the right list... But the e.V.
> mailing list certainly isn't, and we don't seem to have any place for
> discussions that affect KDE as a whole.
>
> In any case, Ingo Malchow said in his blog
> (http://blog.neverendingo.de/?p=125)
>
> "We have a great userbase.kde.org but developers don’t use it that much, nor
> is there any links from applications towards Userbase."
>
> Well, actually we have. I replaced the offline help documentation in Krita
> with a link to the manual on userbase. I have done this for two reasons:
>
> * I couldn't maintain the offline manual anyway after the change to 2.0
> * this way the user gets sent right to the place where they can contribute
> to the manual (and I've got users contributing to it now)
>
> I'm not concerned that users cannot access the help when they are off-line.
> That's a vanishingly rare situation these days

I disagree, as a matter of fact, I don't have internet connection in the room
in my hostel, so if i had a need to use krita I'd need to read its manual
(since my painting/drawing skills are null) and i'd be not happy to discover I
can't read the manual.

Cheers,
  Albert