Color Managing KDE

Kai-Uwe Behrmann ku.b at gmx.de
Wed Feb 22 19:01:43 GMT 2012

Am 22.02.12, 09:38 -0800 schrieb Daniel Nicoletti:
> As Richard said Oyranos is doing all this by it self on the CPU so it
> would act like a proxy between your application,
> and the window manager which sounds like killing performance.
> ( I might have misunderstood but I can't see any other way of doing this)

Proxy are configurable by applications as usual.
Oyranos is used inside a Compiz plugin as the actual only desktop colour
server.
That does very power efficient and fast colour correction on the GPU
through GL shaders. Users can watch colour corrected animations, movies
and 3D scenes full screen with that.

kind regards
Kai-Uwe