Review request: AppMenu support for KDE

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Sat Apr 28 14:46:35 BST 2012

El Divendres, 27 d'abril de 2012, a les 09:35:14, Lionel Chauvin va escriure:
> The code that bring support of AppMenu to KDE needs to be reviewed before it
> entered in KDE main module:
> https://projects.kde.org/projects/kdereview/kded-appmenu/repository
>
> It contains a KDED module and a library.
> The KDED module exports applications menu through dbus.
> The library exposes the functionalities of the module so it is not needed to
> deal with KDED stuff.
>
> This support is required by the menu button in the oxygen decoration:
> https://git.reviewboard.kde.org/r/104344/
>
> It can be tested using an adapted version of the plasmoid menubar:
> https://code.launchpad.net/~megabigbug/plasma-widget-menubar/appmenu-kde

Can you clarify the license of the code? The COPYING says GPL3,
kappmenuimporter.* seems to be not exact about the licensing, menuinfo.h says
GPL3 again. Note that our licensing policy[1] does not accept GPL3-only code

Do we really need generated files in the repository? (importer_interface.*)

You have duplicate files
$ fdupes -R .
./lib/com.canonical.AppMenu.Registrar.xml
./module/com.canonical.AppMenu.Registrar.xml

Your installed library headers do not follow the of suggestions of our library
policy, like no inline code in the headers, no d-pointers, etc.

Cheers,
  Albert

[1] http://techbase.kde.org/Policies/Licensing_Policy