Review request: AppMenu support for KDE

Christoph Feck christoph at maxiom.de
Fri Apr 27 17:59:40 BST 2012

On Friday 27 April 2012 10:35:14 Lionel Chauvin wrote:
> The code that bring support of AppMenu to KDE needs to be reviewed
> before it entered in KDE main module:
> https://projects.kde.org/projects/kdereview/kded-appmenu/repositor
>
> It contains a KDED module and a library.
> The KDED module exports applications menu through dbus.
> The library exposes the functionalities of the module so it is not
> needed to deal with KDED stuff.

I have not checked thoroughly, because I need more time to understand
what it does, but does the kded module use blocking D-Bus calls? If
yes, please change it to non-blocking calls, or use a separate process
for the daemon. We do not want the "plasma hangs" bug appearing again.

> This support is required by the menu button in the oxygen
> decoration: https://git.reviewboard.kde.org/r/104344/
>
> It can be tested using an adapted version of the plasmoid menubar:
> https://code.launchpad.net/~megabigbug/plasma-widget-menubar/appmen
> u-kde

Christoph Feck (kdepepo)
KDE Quality Team