Setting up a Quality Team within KDE

Laszlo Papp lpapp at kde.org
Wed Apr 11 18:16:45 BST 2012

Okay, back to this list then from kde-testing. I have at least tried. :)

> Actually, make test invokes CTest behind the scenes[1].

Actually, yes. :-)

> That being said, if
> we aren't uploading results anywhere, CTest only runs the test executables and
> offers nothing else (in this case).  If tomorrow we drop CMake/CTest, the
> tests would still run fine as is.

Yes, they can be run separately. I believe that is also my workflow
when a test fails. I run the desired binary in question to see which
test methods pass and fail to localize the issue further on. I think
"make test", and hence ctest, is a good and handy service after all in
my opinion. I am not worried about that, and it comes with cmake (at
least on the distributions I use).

Best Regards,
Laszlo Papp

PS.: Plus what Alex said about other ctest usages.