Exposing KSSL in KIO

George Kiagiadakis kiagiadakis.george at gmail.com
Sat Apr 7 23:55:06 BST 2012

On Sat, Apr 7, 2012 at 5:54 PM, Thiago Macieira <thiago at kde.org> wrote:
> On sábado, 7 de abril de 2012 14.25.10, Sune Vuorela wrote:

>> > Then they are exported. I didn't check the file, I just spoke in terms of
>> > likelihood (I can't think of anyone that would want to use them aside from
>> > KIO handling).
>> >
>> > If they are exported, you might be able to do what you want.
>>
>> but please please pretty please don't.   if headers aren't installed it
>> is not public api and then you should stay out of it. really.
>
> Of course, that's implied.
>
> If it's private API, you should not use it. If you insist, then you are
> linking against something that might change at any minute, from release to
> release. And distributions might refuse to package your software.

But, I really really doubt that anybody is going to do any important
change in the kdelibs 4.x series, especially in this piece of
obviously dead code that nobody knew it was there, exported. So, I
suggest that we use it in kde-telepathy and just make an agreement
that nobody is to touch this code in kdelibs 4.x (which probably
wouldn't happen anyway), for the next X months/years that it will take
us before the new shiny frameworks are ready. :)