Exposing KSSL in KIO

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Sat Apr 7 15:54:40 BST 2012

On sábado, 7 de abril de 2012 14.25.10, Sune Vuorela wrote:
> On 2012-04-06, Thiago Macieira <thiago at kde.org> wrote:
> > --nextPart4816581.q9J4AAnfuU

> >> Weirdly they are. At least there's a "KIO_EXPORT" in the class
> >> definition in the header of KSSLCertificate.
> >
> > Then they are exported. I didn't check the file, I just spoke in terms of
> > likelihood (I can't think of anyone that would want to use them aside from
> > KIO handling).
> >
> > If they are exported, you might be able to do what you want.
>
> but please please pretty please don't.   if headers aren't installed it
> is not public api and then you should stay out of it. really.

Of course, that's implied.

If it's private API, you should not use it. If you insist, then you are
linking against something that might change at any minute, from release to
release. And distributions might refuse to package your software.

      PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
      E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358