Why does KPushButton have a delayedMenu?

Dominik Haumann dhaumann at gmx.de
Fri Apr 6 12:09:43 BST 2012

On Friday, 6. April 2012 12:53:02 Stephen Kelly wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I'm trying to figure out why KPushButton has a feature of a 'delayed' menu.
>
> Why would applications need that? What problems does it solve? Can the
> problem be solved in Qt?

I think so.

The usage of setDelayedMenu is very limited in KDE:
  http://lxr.kde.org/ident?i=setDelayedMenu

In Kate, this is used e.g. in the "New Session" dialog. Clicking on "New" will
create a new empty session. Holding the buttong down longer opens a menu,
where you can also copy the current selected session. I'd be fine with
removing the delayed menus from Kate if it was decided to drop this feature,
as simply always showing the menu with two choices is fine as well.

Greetings,
Dominik