Why does KPushButton have a delayedMenu?

Stephen Kelly steveire at gmail.com
Fri Apr 6 16:16:31 BST 2012

Thomas Lübking wrote:

> Am 06.04.2012, 15:20 Uhr, schrieb Stephen Kelly <steveire at gmail.com>:
>
>> Interesting. So should KPushButtons which wish to use the delayed popup
>> stuff be changed to QToolButtons
>
> Likely. At least bot examples should actually be toolbuttons - esp. since
> the konqueror button is -typically- in a, well, toolbar...
>

>> or should we try to get the feature from QToolButton to QAbstractButton
> QAbstractButton (source of QCheckBox and QRadioButton) has no menu - one
> could add a global behavior property there, but it would make less sense
> (also i frankly wonder why QPushButton should have a menu at all - you
> likely wanted to use a combobox if you use it)

Thanks for the info.

Would you mind investigating the users of the KPushButton delayedMenu
feature?

I'd like to know if we can just use QPushButton in KDialog for example, but
because that can return pointers to the KPushButtons in it, I'd need to know
the impact. Is there code on lxr which does

  dialog->button(KDialog::Ok)->setDelayedMenu(...)

for example, and can those calls be ported to something else.

An initial look at

http://lxr.kde.org/ident?i=setDelayedMenu

looks like it's not used like that, but a little bit moer investigation is
warranted I think (For example, KDialog has a ButtonPopupMode).

Thanks,

Steve.