[Nepomuk] Nepomuk code moved to nepomuk-core

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Mon Sep 19 11:03:14 BST 2011

A Dilluns, 19 de setembre de 2011, Sebastian Trüg vàreu escriure:
> On 09/19/2011 11:07 AM, Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> > A Dissabte, 17 de setembre de 2011, Sebastian Trüg vàreu escriure:

> >> since I really do not want to maintain two branches I propose removing
> >> nepomuk from kde-runtime master completely.
> >> However, since nepomuk-core also contains all the nepomuk libs which
> >> are
> >> now in kdelibs 4.7 we need to act here, too.
> >> I propose that we move to include path nepomuk2. The main library is
> >> already called nepomukcore. I am not sure about that yet. So maybe it
> >> could be renamed to libnepomuk2 also.
> >> That way we would have the libnepomuk from 4.7 and the new stuff from
> >> libnepomuk2 and the only thing we need to ensure is that the 4.7 libs
> >> still work with the services from nepomuk-core. Applications are then
> >> advised to already depend on nepomuk-core instead of kdelibs.
> >>
> >> Opinions?
> >
> > Not sure I understand the mail, but to me it seems you are proposing
> > breaking binary compatibility between 4.7 and 4.8 releases and killing
> > of code and renaming of libraries.
> >
> > If that is what you propose, it is a big no go for me.
>
> no, I am proposing to remove runtime components from kde-runtime and
> using those from nepomuk-core instead. kdelibs will not be touched (frozen).
> As discussed on IRC we could also make the libs in nepomuk-core private for
> now (until frameworks) and only treat it as a split from kde-runtime.

That sounds fine to me, installing the new libs (with different names to not
clash with kdelibs 4.7) seems fine too. I was just concerned with duplicated
binaries and API breaks, if there is none, i don't see why you should not go
ahead :-)

Albert