startkde replacement

Ivan Cukic ivan.cukic at kde.org
Thu Oct 20 09:57:24 BST 2011

Hi,

Just a matter of inquiry - is anybody working on a more modern
implementation of startkde? And if yes, what is the status of the project.

For Plasma Active, we need something more event based - something like
'wait for nepomuk to start before starting plasma', but start other things
in the mean time and similar.

This is *not* a thread to be considered as:
- a systemd-related flamewar
- a discussion on how this should be done
- ...
- anything other than 'is anybody currently working on this'

If not, we will implement a program for a single specific use-case of PA
(which might later prove to be useful for normal KDE software, but that is
not going to be the primary goal at this stage)

Cheerio,
Ivan

--
I don't really trust a sane person.