adding a runtime dependency into KDELIBS

Aleix Pol aleixpol at kde.org
Wed Nov 23 22:42:16 GMT 2011

On Wed, Nov 23, 2011 at 12:00 AM, Alex Fiestas <afiestas at kde.org> wrote:

> We're in the process of merging a review which will partly fix the sad
> situation of MTP/MPI/iPod devices in libsolid, the review I'm talking about
> is:
>
> https://git.reviewboard.kde.**org/r/103028/<https://git.reviewboard.kde.org/r/103028/>
>
> This as far as I know was (is) working with the linux-deprecated HAL
> backend, so is something we urge to fix.
>
> This patch adds support for media-player-info which is basically what
> replaces some features HAL has in the new u* stuff.
>
> So, Can I give the ship it for this patch? can we add an optional runtime
> dependency to kdelibs 4.7.x ?
>
> Thanks.

It's a runtime dependency, that doesn't seem to be a new dependency.

As far as I understand it's not really a problem. Right now we can assume
that kde-runtime is installed. Otherwise KIcon won't work properly either,
no?

What would happen if kde-runtime wasn't installed when running this? If
it's not a crash, i'd say it's fine :).

Aleix