[proposal] Move all of the ksecretsservice components into kdeutils/ksecrets

Kevin Ottens ervin at kde.org
Mon Nov 14 17:17:15 GMT 2011

On Monday 14 November 2011 06:48:50 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On Saturday, November 12, 2011 13:38:47 Valentin Rusu wrote:
> > Ok, I'll then move it somewhere else. I'm very tempted by the kdecore
> > module, the place where it's main dependency, KCompositeJob, lives.
> >
> > But I think the best place would be the *experimental* module. Ok for
> > that?
> if this indeed goes into the kdelibs frameworks branch, then it should go
> into tier2/ksecretservice. (it depends on tier 1 libs,

Yes, it'll likely depend on kcoreaddons in the end.

> so is a tier 2 lib.)

Correct. It'll be a "Tier 2 Integration Qt Addon" (depends on Tier 1 library +
runtime dependency).

> kdeui would be built after tier2/ksecretservice and link against the secret
> service lib.

Right. Although I don't expect a kdeui to still exist in the end. The relevant
KWallet code might end up in a kde4support I think. For that to happen we'd
need a similar convenience API in libksecretservice itself if deemed
appropriate (the whole KWallet API being synchronous it makes me feel a bit
uneasy about it, could block on the other process, I'd rather keep that
explicit on the API consumer with exec'ed jobs).

> this would give us zero circular dependencies, no excessive moving around of
> things and it would be easy to break it into its own repo when that time
> comes using git filter-branch.

See my other email, I think it could and should be split right away so
Valentin will be already in a very good position for KDE Frameworks. It's
kinda odd to merge something in a repository we want to split anyway.

Regards.
--
Kévin Ottens, http://ervin.ipsquad.net