[proposal] Move all of the ksecretsservice components into kdeutils/ksecrets

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Mon Nov 14 05:48:50 GMT 2011

On Saturday, November 12, 2011 13:38:47 Valentin Rusu wrote:
> Ok, I'll then move it somewhere else. I'm very tempted by the kdecore
> module, the place where it's main dependency, KCompositeJob, lives.
>
> But I think the best place would be the *experimental* module. Ok for that?

if this indeed goes into the kdelibs frameworks branch, then it should go into
tier2/ksecretservice. (it depends on tier 1 libs, so is a tier 2 lib.) kdeui
would be built after tier2/ksecretservice and link against the secret service
lib.

this would give us zero circular dependencies, no excessive moving around of
things and it would be easy to break it into its own repo when that time comes
using git filter-branch.

Kevin Ottens: can you confirm the above as being in line with the tier
structure?

--
Aaron J. Seigo
humru othro a kohnu se