[proposal] Move all of the ksecretsservice components into kdeutils/ksecrets

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Mon Nov 14 17:48:40 GMT 2011

On Monday, 2011-11-14, Kevin Ottens wrote:

> Right. Although I don't expect a kdeui to still exist in the end. The
> relevant KWallet code might end up in a kde4support I think. For that to
> happen we'd need a similar convenience API in libksecretservice itself if
> deemed appropriate (the whole KWallet API being synchronous it makes me
> feel a bit uneasy about it, could block on the other process, I'd rather
> keep that explicit on the API consumer with exec'ed jobs).

Definitely. But not because it could block but because it must block. And the
only safe way to do that is to run the asynchronous call in a separate thread,
blocking the calling thread with a semaphore or waitcondition.
Loads of extra work for the maintainer of the synchronous wrapper for little
extra convenience of the API using developer.

Cheers,
Kevin

KDE user support, developer mentoring