USian vs. American (was: US Week Numbers)

Keith Rusler xzekecomax at gmail.com
Fri May 13 02:11:39 BST 2011

Well I don't think anyone in Canada would call themselves American even if
it's referred to the continent nor would Québéc's. How would you even
pronounce USian it isn't even a really word. If you want to refer someone as
"American" other than the US, you normally refer to them as "North American"
or "South American" The reason why we Americans use it is simply because
America is in our countries name. If it wasn't we could Statians but
probably not since it's close to Satanists which would offer people, we
couldn't use United as that's part of a few countries maybe more. I wonder
if people call UK people UKians, I always refer to them as the British
rather than Britians or UKians. LOL. The way I simply look at it is like
this. Gay people like to be referred to as Gay's but to call them anything
other than that it's offensive. I don't speak for everyone else. But to call
me other than anything but American (it's what I've been known as more than
anything since I was born) and it's been that way since the start of
civilisation in this country. To call US anything but that shows us
disrespect imho. I'm not here to start wars on this or anything.