Upcoming freezes KDE 4.7

John Layt johnlayt at googlemail.com
Thu May 12 00:34:30 BST 2011

On Tuesday 10 May 2011 23:39:37 Dawit A wrote:

> I will
> try to inform the translators by marking my commits with "GUI:" and
> also sending a message about the changes to the appropriate list.

Once the soft freeze arrives you must first get permission from the kde-i18n-
doc mailing list _before_ you commit any new strings, not just tell them
after.  Only typo fixes and existing untranslated strings can be comitted
without advance permission, but you must still cc the list when you do so.

If you can, follow Christoph's advice and commit as many of the strings as
possible before the freeze into the class where they are needed, that way you
don't annoy the translators with too many excpetion requests.

The GUI tag only tells the documentation team (a different team entirely) that
the UI has changed and they need to update the affected doco.

John.