Upcoming freezes KDE 4.7

Christoph Feck christoph at maxiom.de
Wed May 11 02:17:24 BST 2011

On Wednesday 11 May 2011 00:39:37 Dawit A wrote:
> On Tue, May 10, 2011 at 5:50 PM, Sebastian Kügler <sebas at kde.org> wrote:
> > Yep, if it contains new strings, translators would need notification of
> > the new strings. If it's getting too close to release time, it would be
> > good to ask if there are problems with the translations then.
>
> Actually there are going to be very few string additions and changes.

A simple way to help translators is to commit new strings as soon as possible,
even if the code "around it" does not yet work or is not even there:

    // reserve future strings
    {
        (void) i18nc("Some hint what it is for", "New string that I need");
        (void) i18n("Another new string that I need later");
    }

This is also a good way to make sure your translators' hints/comments (the "c"
part above) are sufficient for translation; the translator doesn't see the
code, they only see the strings.

Christoph Feck (kdepepo)
KDE Quality Team