Qt5 -> KDE5?

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Wed May 11 18:08:41 BST 2011

On Tuesday 10 May 2011, Alex Merry wrote:
> On 10/05/11 09:26, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> > we also have some blighted API that remains that needs cleaning up, but
> > we also need to exercise restraint. since we don't need to make huge
> > changes to many parts of Platform, we should try and show caution in
> > changing things "just because we can". we should justify to ourselves
> > why, for instance, we're changing KPagedDialog (to pick something random
> > out of the air; i don't actually have designed on that one :)
>
> On this front, I think it would be a good idea to try to introduce the
> new api and deprecate the old in a 4.x release where possible, before
> clearing out the deprecated stuff in Platform 5.  This would allow a
> smoother transition, especially for apps that aren't included in SC.

may i also add, to make the transition smoother
make sure as much apps as possible builds correctly against the mobile
profile, that already excludes most of deprecated api, so the day deprecated
app will go away from the code it will be less painful ;)

(several main kde modules are already covered, some of them still have some
issues)

--
Marco Martin