Qt5 -> KDE5?

Ivan Čukić ivan.cukic at kde.org
Mon May 9 17:19:04 BST 2011

>  - It should be mostly source compatible with Qt4, and is just an opportunity
> to break binary compatibility.

Well, even if we do nothing, we are breaking ABI. So, from my point of
view, this is a perfect time to do some API cleanup (all those
deprecated methods, faking virtuals with slots etc.)

>  - QWidget just stay for compatibility. All focus is put on QML. Do not expect
> new development on QWidgets from Nokia.

Which doesn't mean there will be no development at all. I guess others
(and us) will continue developing those classes since (1) they are way
more mature than qml (2) a lot of code is written above them.

>  - Do we want "KDE 5" to be a big change, or just a small increment?

Do we need a big change? I don't think so - we are already fantastic :)

--
Cheerio,
Ivan

--
While you were hanging yourself on someone else's words
Dying to believe in what you heard