My application for Season of KDE 2011

todd rme toddrme2178 at gmail.com
Thu May 5 19:25:51 BST 2011

On Tue, May 3, 2011 at 10:33 AM, tushar mehta <mehtatus at gmail.com> wrote:

> [...]

Another potential KIO project: fuse support or some sort of mounting
of KIO slaves.  Currently only KDE applications support kio slaves.
GNOME applications and commandline applications cannot use it.  Having
KIO slaves automatically mounted somewhere so they can ba accessed by
non-KDE applications would help interporability a lot.  GIO (gnome's
equivalent) already does this (mounting them in a hidden directory).
I am not sure what the best approach to this would be, though.  There
was some work done on this in the KIO-fuse project, but it seems to
have been abandoned.

-Todd