OpenPrinting Summit - Print Dialog and Colour Management

todd rme toddrme2178 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 17 15:31:13 GMT 2011

On Thu, Mar 17, 2011 at 6:54 AM, John Layt <johnlayt at googlemail.com> wrote:
> On Thursday 17 Mar 2011 06:29:16 Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
>
>> For what I got out of it, colord seems to be, like so many "generic"
>> libraries be focussed on gnome/gtk-first
>
> Aye, there are a lot of those system libraries coming out from Red Hat / Gnome
> that give no thought to KDE integration, or even make decisions that make KDE
> support harder.  I drafted an inflamatory blog about it during the latest
> brouhaha but decided not to pour more petrol on the fire.

Why not?  I think the best time to bring this up is when the issue is
already on peoples' minds.  If you bring this up later then I suspect
it would be interpreted as an isolated problem.  Bring it up now, on
the other hand, when several other issues already being discusses, I
would think would make it more likely for it to be interpreted as a
manifestation of a larger problem, and thus hopefully get more
attention.  At least that is my armchair psychoanalysis view of it ;)

-Todd