KDM plans and lightDM

John Layt jlayt at kde.org
Mon Jun 13 21:01:06 BST 2011

On Monday 13 Jun 2011 20:34:56 Martin Gräßlin wrote:
> What does power management has to do with KDM? This belongs into powerdevil
> where to my knowledge it should be handled fine, if configured correctly.

Not sure, but I wonder if Alex means he wasn't logged in so powerdevil
couldn't work?

> Rhethorical question: how can it be "cross-desktop" if KDE has not been
> involved in the development effort so far? Who is the "cross-desktop", who
> is behind it?

It seems quite fashionable to start a project on freedesktop.org without
involving KDE and to build it using Gnome tech, then ask us to use it because
"it's a cross-desktop project".  How are they supposed to know what our
requirements are without asking us?  What are the criteria for getting fd.o
hosting/blessing these days?

Note I don't know if this is the case for this project, I haven't heard
anything about it before, but I may not be on the right lists.  Enlightenment
gratefully received.

</Grumpy Old Man>