KDM plans and lightDM

Tom Gundersen teg at jklm.no
Mon Jun 13 20:57:27 BST 2011

On Mon, Jun 13, 2011 at 9:34 PM, Martin Gräßlin <mgraesslin at kde.org> wrote:
> On Monday 13 June 2011 21:10:36 Alex Fiestas wrote:
>> So, what are the plans for KDM? can we expect some power management
>> integration? and plymouth?
>
> I don't see what power management and plymouth have to do with KDM. Power managmeent
> is after KDM and plymouth is before KDM.

Just my two cents:

I think the idea is that while currently Plymouth is before KDM and
power managment is after, it would be nicer if this is not the case.

I.e., integrate Plymouth with the DM's so it transitions nicely with
no flicker on start-up (this I think is the case already in GDM), and
integrate the power managment daemons with the DM's, so they can be
started before the user logs in (this is also already the case in
GDM).

-t