Releases of the thing that was KDE

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Thu Jun 9 12:22:32 BST 2011

Hi Scott,

On Tuesday, June 07, 2011 03:13:43 Scott Kitterman wrote:
> It may be that there was more to the release implications of the git
> transition than "we're sure it'll get figured out by people who actually
> care about releases", but if there was it's not apparent to me.

I don't think there was, which lead to the screw-ups. It is something we took
as a central issue into the discussions during the platform11 sprint, so at
least we learnt from that.

The short answer to your question is: We will also release backwards-
compabitle, monolithic tarballs. That process can largely be automated on our
side.

Cheers,
--
sebas