the next step on the desktop

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Mon Jan 31 14:35:24 GMT 2011

On Monday 31 January 2011, Alex Fiestas wrote:
> In KDE we're used to resize the windows to fulfill our personal needs,
> and let the application save the "last used size". I guess that is
> because of that feature that a lot of applications doesn't care about
> the correct size.
>
> A good experiment would be disable that feature in trunk (having a way
> to enable it again) and see what applications behave correctly and what
> apps need some tweaking.

and a pretty robust communication of what the hint is (and compute it
reliably, someting that i really know the pain from qgraphicslayouts, eheh ;)

> As last note, because of that feature a correct behavior when using an
> "extended desktop" is impossible, since something that looks nice and
> proportional in a 1920x1080 screen won't fit in a 1200x800.

yeah, tis is a good point indeed.
what happens now when ap application that saved its geometry when closed on a
bigger screen gets started on the small one?

Cheers,
Marco Martin