the next step on the desktop

Alex Fiestas afiestas at kde.org
Mon Jan 31 15:25:50 GMT 2011

In KDE we're used to resize the windows to fulfill our personal needs,
and let the application save the "last used size". I guess that is
because of that feature that a lot of applications doesn't care about
the correct size.

A good experiment would be disable that feature in trunk (having a way
to enable it again) and see what applications behave correctly and what
apps need some tweaking.

As last note, because of that feature a correct behavior when using an
"extended desktop" is impossible, since something that looks nice and
proportional in a 1920x1080 screen won't fit in a 1200x800.