Merge or Cherry-Pick?

Dawit A adawit at kde.org
Fri Feb 4 18:35:10 GMT 2011

Can somone please clarify the proper rule to follow for committing bug
fixes as it relates to the KDE 4.6 branch ? The conclusion from the
discussion here is rather confusing as to what should be done going
forward. Should we still commit new bug fixes to the 4.6 branch first
and merge into master which, from all indications here, seems not to
be possibe with the current state of the KDE 4.6 branch ? Or it does
not matter now so we can go ahead and commit to master and backport to
the branch if we so choose ?