irc meeting for kdelibs git workflow

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Wed Feb 2 19:15:38 GMT 2011

On Wednesday, February 2, 2011, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> * for any change, create a topic branch from master
> * work in the branch...

in cmake development, how do developers find each other's branches to check on
works-in-progress, collaborate, etc? are they pushed to a shared repository
somewhere, documented somewhere where they are easily found, ...?

> I guess it doesn't work for KDE, or how could the merging from next into
> master be done ?

i don't know about kdelibs, but i'm going to end up doing that for large parts
of kde-workspace. (though i'm hoping/expecting for help from others so that
it's not just bottlenecking on me alone. :)

so maybe it's not without hope that we find a few people who play the role of
"merge master" for kdelibs as well.

--
Aaron J. Seigo
humru othro a kohnu se