git and artworks issues

Davide Bettio bettio at kde.org
Tue Dec 20 19:36:29 GMT 2011

Hi,

On Tuesday 20 December 2011, Dirk Mueller wrote:
>On Tuesday 20 December 2011, Davide Bettio wrote:
>>
>> As every year some artworks are changed according to the new default
>> desktop background. This year I noticed some problems:
>>
>> 1) kdm and ksplash default theme is part of kde-workspace. I need to update
>> both, but if I do that I will have to commit about 20/30 MiB of PNGs
>> making git clones bigger.
>
>Thats life, you need to push it there. We can decide to move it to other
>places after 4.8.0, but now it is a bit too late.

I'm sorry to discuss this thing now, but I've seen all the new artworks recently. Anyway the point is that everything will remain in kde-workspace history forever so moving it away at that point will not decrease space usage.
I think that fixing this issue today is the best thing to do. I would like to create kde-base-artworks for that kind of stuff.

Bye,
Davide Bettio.