git and artworks issues

Dirk Mueller mueller at kde.org
Tue Dec 20 20:47:05 GMT 2011

On Tuesday 20 December 2011, Davide Bettio wrote:

> I'm sorry to discuss this thing now, but I've seen all the new artworks
> recently. Anyway the point is that everything will remain in kde-workspace
> history forever so moving it away at that point will not decrease space
> usage

I know, but it is 4 days before holiday season and I need to get RC1 out,
because I'll be offline tomorrow (I don't know why the release was scheduled
on such an inconvenient time, but so be it). We can do it correctly for KDE
4.10 or 5.0, but I need the artwork in *now*.

> . I think that fixing this issue today is the best thing to do. I
> would like to create kde-base-artworks for that kind of stuff.

Perfectly fine with that if you can do it *now* and not break anything and
make it all work smoothly. As I think that is a too short notice, lets do it
for 5.0.

Thanks,
Dirk